Friday, November 23, 2007

White Night: Reading Section 2

Post A
(59-116)

Translucent (87)- allowing light to pass through an object making things not clearly visible on the other side.

Confluence (111)-
a joining of people or ideas.

"I rose, acutely conscious of the fact that my power was still interdicted by the apartment's threshold, and that I didn't have enough magic to spell my way out of a paper bag." (95)
I think this quote has significance because it is leading to one of the main events of this chapter in which Harry and Elaine almost get caught in a fire during their investigation.

Post B

So far the book is a little slow. The action is just beginning to rise but the last 2 readings mostly background information was written. I like the idea of how he’s fighting vampires in a unique style. It brings a more modern version of all the other books about vampires. The detective’s unending hardships are shown so far. I’m waiting to read the action and climax yet it seems as though I might be disappointed and what I’ll end up reading. I should have probably read the other books in this series. If I had maybe I’d understand the book more. It could enlighten me and catch me up with what I’m reading. Although from many reviews I’ve read I’d so say far this book isn’t hyped up to all of its reviews. I know I’m repeating myself as in last section. But this clearly isn’t a book I would have picked up and read for the fun of it. I need more action, more horror, more drama; I don’t need all of this background information. It’s killing me to see an acclaimed writer is doing such a poor job to keep a reader like me attentive. Next post I won’t be doing a critique, I’ll try to find out a little bit of information to share with you guys about Jim Butcher. Who knows, maybe it will help me like this book.

No comments: